Pages

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Your Voice Matters: First Nations and the Electoral Process

So, there's going to be a provincial election here in British Columbia in May.  As a result, I've decided to do some posts and PSA-style videos on the need for First Nations people to participate in the electoral process.  First Nations people need to participate in provincial and federal elections if we wish to ensure that we are being given a voice in the decisions being made that will affect our daily lives.  Sovereignty and Treaty Rights are one thing but we need to engage to ensure we are being heard in Canada and British Columbia.  In that regard, I will attempt to remain non-partisan in my clips and any posts I put up to discuss this need.

I recognize that not every First Nations person believes in the value of participating in the electoral process in Canada, for a variety of reasons, but I believe that it is important for people to be engaged in the process.  If we aren't using our voice, we aren't being heard.  We are invisible.  This is one of my takes on the ideas sprouting from the Idle No More movement.

No comments:

Post a Comment