Pages

Monday, June 27, 2011

Wake Up with Co-op

Hi.
Last Wednesday, June 22, 2011, I had the opportunity to appear on Co-op Radio 102.7 FM in Vancouver on the program "Wake up with Co-op" to discuss issues in Aboriginal Education in the province.  The focus of the discussion was about differences in ways of learning and how that might affect Aboriginal student success.  We also discussed the issue of identity and self esteem and the possibilities that the proposed Aboriginal Focus school in the Vancouver School District offered.

At any rate, because I do not know how to share audio on this blog (hint, hint), I can direct you to the following website to hear the archived show:

http://www.coopradio.org/station/archives/3

Scroll down to Wednesday, June 22, 7:00 2011 and click the play button.  Or you can download it if you prefer.  My interview is about half an hour in.  I don't sound incompetent, so that's a plus.  I was worried about whether I was making sense when I launched into my talk about differences in ways of learning, and I am actually not convinced that I made the case very well, particularly since the feed was lost at one point.  I also have to mention that that is not the only point to take, even though I boiled it down that way for the moment.  I am grateful that there was some interest in the issues that we struggle with everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment